Refurb iPhone purchase with family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nadinesz, Dec 30, 2008.

1. nadinesz macrumors newbie

My question is this, I am currently a ATT customer with the family plan of 2 phones unlimited texting and a bizillion minutes. I want the refurb iphone and it appears on the att web site that I cant upgrade to this type of phone and If I did i would need to purchase a whole new plan.

Wondering if this is the case and if I want the iphone would need to buy a new one to keep my current plan?

Need a bit more info if anyone can help

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

If you're going to have an iPhone you need an "iPhone plan" which is basically data. You can upgrade to the $99 price if you are eligible, otherwise it's $199.

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, this is currently the case. You are not eligible for the $99/$199 refurbished pricing on an upgrade. This offer is currently only available to new customers or customers adding a line of service.

Premier customers are able to purchase the refurbished iPhone 3G but at a higher price point of $149/$249.

Since you have a FamilyTalk plan, you could add-a-line to your plan at $9 and get the $99/$199 pricing on a refurbished iPhone 3G.

Dave

4. saturnino3 macrumors member

Dave,

I'm a Premier customer but I don't see the refurb iPhone offered to me when I log into my AT&T bill site. Can I call this one in?

Thanks!

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Odd, I just checked, I'm a premier customer too. On the list, since I'm not eligible for an upgrade (because I already have the iPhone 3G) the following were listed:

iPhone 3G 8GB Black (Refurb) - $199
    iPhone 3G 16GB White (Refurb) - $299
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black (Refurb) - $299

iPhone 3G 8GB Black - $399
    iPhone 3G 16GB White - $499
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black - $499

so I strongly suggest calling them :D