Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hey everybody!!! well it been over a year since the mac mini have seen anything and is still on hold. It looks like there is a new product being line up if you think about it. I was just wondering should I buy a refurb now or should I still wait until October especially at or around the 14th. To me; it looks like a macbook only event but you really never know. Any ideas? what I should do because I have big project coming up very soon. Thank you all !!! bye.

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK
Hey everybody!!! well it been over a year since the mac mini have seen anything and is still on hold. It looks like there is a new product being line up if you think about it. I was just wondering should I buy a refurb now or should I still wait until October especially at or around the 14th. To me; it looks like a macbook only event but you really never know. Any ideas? what I should do because I have big project coming up very soon. Thank you all !!! bye.

We don't even know if there will actually be any event in October - we're all just hoping for one! I'd hold on until if/when it happens though, as you never know what might be announced... an upgrade to the mini would be a bonus!

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
No one knows the answer to this. For all we know the Mini may never be updated again. If you can afford to wait until Oct. 14 then do so. If not and you think the Mini is a good buy and it's what you want then go ahead and pull the trigger on the purchase.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I am possibly completely wrong. But I tend to think that if apple were going to update the mini they would have done it already. I believe that the macbook has been updated twice since the last mini so they should have already had the spare parts with which to update. I think, and again I could be completely wrong, that they are going on carry on selling the mini as long as they can get away with it, before they quietly discontinue it.

theamazingkazoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
I really hope they do. The mini is a really under estimated mac. I use a quad core mac pro at work and HAD a mini C2D at home up to last month. I flogged it on ebay as I knew a update was hopefully due soon. It's not that much different speed wise to my mac pro at work and I am a heavy user on Photoshop and indesign and quark. I really hope they do update it. I had my mini under my telly as a media centre as well. And I'm £$@£% if I'm going to have a pro or a laptop sitting there doing the same job. Apple tv just isn't as good as the mini doing the same thing.

They had better update it thou.. I purchased a conked out g4 powerbook as a stop gap for £100 and it's painful to use with more than 1 app open! >_< Otherwise I will have to get a shuttle pc with a 'Fixed' osx installed on it! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.