Refurb Mac , returns process?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macs4u, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Macs4u macrumors 6502

Hi,

What is the returns process for a return mac mini? I know the 14 days are no quibble but am i allowed to return it for a refund if its faulty within 28 days as a new one is?

Matt

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

If it's faulty (not a small cosmetic scratch though on a refurb) you can return it anytime in the first 12 months.

3. COrocket macrumors 6502

You have the same warranty coverage as a new product, so you should be able to take it to an apple store or go through the process just as you would do with a new computer.

4. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

You mean the warranty, right? They don't have a 12 month return period.... unless its different in the UK?

In the states at least, you get a 12 month warranty in which you can get it fixed and/or replaced.

A few states have lemon laws if you have the same issue occur 3 times in a row. That's about as close to a 12-month return period as we get though.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Yes warranty. But lets be honest why would you ever change your mind about a Mac?

6. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Ah cool. Thought that was some new law or something... was thinking dang... Europe is getting strict!

And to answer the OPs question - yes refurb gets the same exact warranty and the same exact return period (14 days). I've had really good luck with Apple refurbs though.