Refurb Macbook Air screen issues (i think) help please

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Urimagination, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Urimagination macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have had my new 2014 macbook air for about 3 days now. yesterday and today were the first chance I've really had to test out the macbook air.

I have noticed the following. When the Macbook Air comes out of sleep, it gets a screen flicker for a couple of secs maybe up to 10 secs.

Also when i open and close the lid, The screen doesn't always come on.

Lastly, when i was using it before, the backlight went out. I could see the picture behind it. I tried pressing the screen button, and it did nothing.

I assume i have a screen issue :( ?

Should i got to a apple store? and get them to fix it, or should i hand it back as its in my 14 days return?
    The thing is i don't really want to be without a laptop, and i think there will be a period where i have to wait for the money to come back.

Thanks guys

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

So you tried to turn the brightness up and it was still dark? You could return/exchange it or try to get it repaired. They would likely want to keep it for a few days to repair it so you may be better off doing an exchange instead. Where did you buy it from?

3. Urimagination thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a refurb from online.

Ill call apple and see what i have to do in regards to sending it back possibly.

4. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

Yeah, definitely call them. They really should have caught that defect in the refurb process, they should make it right for you.

5. Urimagination thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully they can replace with a new device in store. As i paid for it as a 12 month interest free option. I wont be able to purchase another until the money would come back into my account.

Im going to walk in to the store today and see my options, will keep you guys updated

6. Urimagination thread starter macrumors newbie

Went into the shop. They could send it to get repaired which would take between 7-14 days.

I just asked them for a refund. So they are going to ship it back, and i should have the money in 5-10 days.

I might just get a brand new one with 8gb ram. Not going to get. Refurb again, way too much of a hassle to save $400-$500 bucks

7. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

How are they taking 7-14 days? I would ask them about it.

8. Urimagination thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure, I already filled out the return to sender form and left the device with apple to send back.

Will keep my eye out for another macbook air :(