Refurb Macbook coming today, few questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by skins0304, Mar 6, 2008.

1. skins0304 macrumors newbie

My refurb White Macbook (2.2, 120gb, SD) is being delivered today (on the truck for delivery!) and I have a few questions.

I still have the mini-dvi adapter from my iBook G4 (which died about a year and a half ago), will it work with my Macbook? I'd hate to purchase another one if this one will suffice.

Secondly, I will be using my Macbook for some mid-range music production (may get an mbox in a few months) and am wondering if the performance increase between 2 and 4gb of Ram will make a difference? Granted, 4gb is very cheap right now and may be worth the upgrade in the future, but I'm just curious if it will make a huge difference in for now running Logic Express or in the future running pro tools.

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I think it will work. I picked up a DVI to mini DVI adaptor a while back when CompUSA was going out of business. It worked on my MacBook even though the packaging was non-machine specific.

3. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I have an old iBook G4.

That's not a mini-DVI, that's a mini-Apple Display Adapter...

5. skins0304 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found this out when I tried to plug it in. haha. Thanks for the info though.

I love, love, love my new macbook. It even came with 2gb of ram, which I didn't expect.

6. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

CONGRATS!!! I also got lucky with the RAM and my refurbished Black MacBook also came with 2 Gig! I love it! Enjoy your MacBook! ;)