Refurb Macbook Pro 15 (2.53GHz)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by corean3polar, Jun 12, 2009.

1. corean3polar macrumors newbie

I was wondering if you guys think this refurb macbook pro will still be available little less than three months later.
    I'm in Korea right now so I can't really get it now tho I really want to. So I have to get it once I go back to my college in September.
    Please let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. zero85ZEN macrumors regular

Who knows, but judging by how many of us have snapped one up I wouldn't count on it being around in any quantity for even a week. But, again, what do I know?

3. noles200 macrumors member

How long does the battery last on this 2.53 15" "older" (funny saying that for something only 6 months old) MBP.

Apple made such a big deal about the battery in the new one but it seems this is a good value compared to the new one. Battery is probably the only issue for me as I will be upgrading the HDD and I can get an SD Express Card for less than $20 so the new SD slot really isn't a big deal.

4. zero85ZEN macrumors regular

I don't know, don't have mine yet, but you can simply buy a second battery and then you'll have longer battery life than a non-swappable internal can provide.

5. Pogue Mahone macrumors newbie

I actually bought one yesterday. Gotta love those Refurb deals.. :)

6. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Mine came in Friday and I love it. Actually much faster than the white 09 MB it replaced.

Cheers,

7. noles200 macrumors member

Yeah, I thought about that. I ended up getting the 2.66 MBP15" and the free iPod Touch. It worked out to be $199 more overall. I can justify that for the added benefits. BTW, with heavy internet and iweb use the first run on the battery lasted just under 6 hours. I'm impressed. My old MB lasted about half that. I think if I was just using internet it would be up over 7 hours easy.