Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antj29

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hi all,

So i need a new macbook and as i am getting quite serious on usage now i am upgrading to a 15 inch as easier to work on for long periods than the 13 i have.

So my real question is. I have the choice on two.

Refurb have the 2013 base model for sale for £1189 which i can order today, however would it make sense for a long term ownership point of view to go for the current base model which currys have discounted currently to £1499.

I am thinking of future value for when i sell on, ie refurb old model vs new ( and yes i know the difference between refurb etc as i usually always buy from there) current model and also the larger RAM and 2,2 vs 2.0 processor.

Do you think honeslty the extra £300 would be worth spending .

cheers and sorry for the waffle.:)

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi all,

So i need a new macbook and as i am getting quite serious on usage now i am upgrading to a 15 inch as easier to work on for long periods than the 13 i have.

So my real question is. I have the choice on two.

Refurb have the 2013 base model for sale for £1189 which i can order today, however would it make sense for a long term ownership point of view to go for the current base model which currys have discounted currently to £1499.

I am thinking of future value for when i sell on, ie refurb old model vs new ( and yes i know the difference between refurb etc as i usually always buy from there) current model and also the larger RAM and 2,2 vs 2.0 processor.

Do you think honeslty the extra £300 would be worth spending .

cheers and sorry for the waffle.:)

The extra 300 quid is worth it, because you also get 16GB of RAM in the 2.2GHz variant. RAM is soldered and not upgradeable.

Antj29

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Stuff it, i went with the Refurbed one, the £310 difference was enough to pay for an ipad Air too so seemed sensible as i will get more use from the ipad than i real realistically get from some extra RAM, nearly got drawn into the "more power " than i needed trap so common in Mac ownership experience.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.