Refurb MacBook Pro Bargain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macdatadrive, May 12, 2011.

1. macdatadrive macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

Just wondering, I found this MacBook Pro on the Refurb store (Apple of course!) and I am wondering is this worth the money? I think it is...

Specs are here:

Originally released April 2010
    13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory

And that is only... $899 US DOLLARS!!!!
    And in Aus, that's $850!

I think that is brilliant....

Any comments, because just wanna know if should buy this (mainly used for surfing web, microsoft office and occasional games, don't have a lot of docs) or if should make one with same configurations.

Are there any bad cons to buying a Refurb?

Thank you!!!!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

It won't be much of a gaming machine, but apart from that it's a great little computer.

3. macdatadrive thread starter macrumors regular

When I said games I meant the occasional online browser game, not any hardcore ones....

4. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

I bought my machine (see signature) refurbed back in September of 2009. I haven't had a single problem with it! So I would NOT hesitate to buy refurb again

However, if you got a Microcenter near you, you can get the 2011 base model 13 for 999

5. dslrjunky macrumors regular

its not brilliant its a bargain! :D

if he is converting it to AUS i think its safe to say he is in australia and no MC there i believe.. ;)

6. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

keep a close eye at the refurb store. Stock changes often, and if you see something that you want, snatch it up quickly. Don't be disappointed if it disappears quickly as stock changes constantly and it's only a matter of time before it comes in stock again