Refurb MacBook Pro still in store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EGS1550, Jul 19, 2015.

1. EGS1550 macrumors newbie

I have been watching the Refurb store for about 2 weeks now for a 15 inch macbook pro. I see many models come and go quickly but the one listed below has not budged. It is there every day. So what gives? Is there an issue with this particular model that I don't know about? They all sell out quickly but not this one.

Or is it a popular model that they often have in the refurb store?

Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display

Originally released July 2014
    15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
    16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

256GB Flash Storage
    720p FaceTime HD Camera
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

This was the entry level 15in MBP for 2014. It was the most common 15in sold. It makes sense that it would be the one that's on the refurb page the most out of any other 15in model.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Only Apple could say for sure, but it's the "low end" model from last year.
    So, likely had the most sold for that model.
    And, seems logical, that if you sell a lot, that a fair number would also get returned.
    My expectation is that the 13-inch is (probably) the highest number sold, followed by the 15-inch, then everything else.
    And, for refurbs, folks want a good price, and they might go for the smaller screen first (cheaper, smaller, lighter, etc), so the 15-inch is not quite as desirable to resell as the 13-inch, for example.
    Just my opinion, FWIW

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It is the most numerous as others have pointed out, but more importantly those buying refurbs often choose them to get higher specs for less money and for many people 256GB SSD on a 15 inch desktop replacement PC is just too low.