Refurb MacBook Pros anyone??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

For anyone who has ordered or knew of someone who has ordered a refurb macbook pro, do they come in the condition of looking brand new? i.e. no scratches, scuffs, or finger print grease marks?

I want to order one for my fiance for her birthday but I would hate to have it come with any type of visible use on it.

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

They look like they are new. There is virtually no difference between them and a non-refurb MBP.

I have had my refurb MBP for a year and love it.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Basically new and definitely a great alternative to save a few hundred on a Mac if you're unable to payout full price for a new one.

Had customers call in all the time looking to replace what they currently had whether it be an old iBook or PowerBook and didn't want to pay full for a brand new computer. Told them about refurbished computers on the Apple website and the availability through ARS, they loved it and were able to sell some.

I guess there are many reasons to not like a refurbished product but they really are worth it, plus you get Apple's standard limited warranty.

4. brendanm14 macrumors newbie

Just got a refurb a couple of weeks ago....looks brand spankin' new!!! Love it....your fiancee will not tell the difference except for the plain white box it gets delivered in.

5. jofus macrumors member

Opened a refurbed 2.5 a few months ago and it was as if it were brand new. Only difference was the fugly big box. No problems since.

6. EchoAdmin macrumors newbie

EchoAdmin

My roommate received his refurb mbp few months ago and looked brand new. I got mine on craigslist for a much lower cost and only had 1 tiny scratch on the bottom. If your careful, you might be able to find one cheaper used. (btw my mbp was only 600$:D)

7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I have purchased 3 over the years and they've all looked and worked as new.

That said, I saw a thread today where people were complaining that UK refurbs were physically damaged and defective in several cases.

Cheers,