Refurb macbook questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevooo, Mar 23, 2008.

1. stevooo macrumors newbie

Hi

Just been looking at the UK refurb store and there is a macbook which i'm quite interested in but have a couple of questions...

* The listing doesnt state which version of osx is included (if any) i'm assuming it is always included with refubs?? if so, anyone have any idea if it should be tiger or leopard, i'm guessing leopard as its got x3100 graphics so should date it from Nov 07??

* It also lists a 85w magsafe power adapter, when surely the macbooks usually have a 60w model??

it also seems a bit odd to me that its ready to ship in 8 days

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=ZB061

any advice greatly appreciated :)

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

1. It should come with Leopard. At this point, months after the release of OS X, I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

2. Probably a typo, as the MacBooks use the 60W adaptor, as you noted.

3. Eight days is probably Apple's way of saying "don't blame us if it takes some time to get to you".

Refurbs are great products. I will buy one again. I would also suggest that if you want clarification on these, talk to Apple to directly. If you indicate that you are nearly ready to buy, my guess is you'll find a fairly friendly Apple rep on the other end of the phone.

3. stevooo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I bought one a few months ago. It came with Leopard, a 60W supply, and although saying 4-5 days for shipment, shipped in 2 hours.

5. ibglowin macrumors regular

+1

Ordered a refurbed as well when the new ones came out several weeks back. Perfect. :)