Refurb Macbook Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tmelvin, May 8, 2008.

1. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Okay, here's the deal. I bought a refurb white 2.2GHz White Macbook. I just received it last Friday. No problems, love it. However, I just noticed a small red dot on the screen. Looks like a stuck or dead pixel. I tried all the things posted in here [Jscreen, and some Widget on the Apple site]. No change...

So, do I live with it? Or do I bring it to an Apple Store? Call Apple? Will any of them do anything, or say sorry nothing we can do?

Thanks in advance!

2. tmelvin thread starter macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Thanks, I'll "Carefully" give those a try. If not, I'll go to the Apple store in my area. Can I return a refurb to a store? Or do I have to call Apple direct?

3. jdee2wheels macrumors member

you can't return a refurb to the apple store if you bought it online. Don't even bother. I had a warranty issue with a refurbished macbook and had a horrible experience trying to get it fixed/replaced at the local apple store. Call apple direct and they should take care of it very quickly.

4. tmelvin thread starter macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Thanks for that tip. I'll give the link posted above a whirl. Then I'll call Apple direct. I've heard great things about them, so I hope I won't be disappointed...