Refurb Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tmelvin, Apr 7, 2008.

1. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Checked out the Apple Store. Under Refurbs they have a Macbook 2.2GHz w/1GB RAM for $999.00 [Regularly 1299]. Is that a good deal? They also have a 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB Ram for 1499. Is the MBP a better deal? Are they the new Penryn processors? It's more for mobility and having a second system around the house [or when we travel, like vacations]. It's not for HD Video editing/graphics, etc.

Thanks!

2. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Yes thats a good deal. Better yet look for the Black Mac Book for $1049, bigger HD and looks great. Many here recently, including my self did and I have no regrets. Love it. Best whishes in whatever you choose. ;)

3. tmelvin thread starter macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Thanks. I went to BestBuy, and they have a clearance MB/White, 2.0GHZ w/ 1GB RAM and 80GB Drive, and it's only $949.00. I'm hesitant because I think it's an older processor...

4. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

I would recommend the newer 2.2 Gig refurbs from Apple store online. The Black Book also has the Superdrive. That's what I was speaking of and a better deal then the older 2.0 Gig you mention. Your call--)) ;)

5. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

The model at Best Buy is the same laptop I have, which costs $849 refurbished. Out of all the models listed, I think the refurbished 2.2GHz BlackBook is the best deal. For $50 more than the white model, you get a larger hard drive and the black casing. If you're like me, however, and prefer the white models than the $999 is a steal.

Also, check out the Education store if you're a student. You can take $100 of the price of any new MacBook.

6. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I brought a Black Macbook/2.2 but went for a full 250GB HD and 4GB ram because I knew I would just go out and get the upgrades. I paid 1,300.00 for it and love the speed. I got mine off ebay and though it was posted as used it was unused and beautiful.

7. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I second the $1049 Blackbook 2.2 refurb. Bought mine about 3 weeks ago. It's just like new- no issues- best Mac laptop I've ever had.

8. GOPboi macrumors newbie

i 3rd the santa rosa 2.2 blackbook. i've had mine for about 2 weeks now and i love it. it's ridiculously fast and haven't found reason to upgrade the ram, at least not now..

9. FinderSpyder macrumors newbie

FinderSpyder

Greetings you all. I bought me one of the Macbook refurbs from the store to get my first impressions on the Mac and I'm loving it. I admit I didn't know what exactly what I was expecting because I've never had experience with OS X but wow am I sold on it. I went with the cheapest white Macbook and I think I'm going to upgrade the HDD and get more RAM to have it run better and have more storage.
    I am surprised how user friendly it is in regards to changing out the RAM and HD. I love this little thing and hope that it serves me well. I was hesitant about buying a refurb, but I feel great about getting this one now and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one.