Refurb Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dantnz, Oct 27, 2008.

1. dantnz macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I'm new to posting on this forum but have been reading plenty of threads here for quite a while.

Anyways, I am looking at getting my first laptop at the end of this year as I'm heading off to uni next year, and I really like the idea of getting a mac. I would be using it for study, photo stuff and light gaming. The question I had was how long does it usually take for the macbooks to pop up in the refurb store? Being a poor student and with the apple pricing as it is in New Zealand, I can't really afford a Aluminium macbook at the moment, but could if I could get it from the refurb store. Also what is there return policy on refurbs? eg. if it had a loose battery cover, or some other sort of problem could i still get an exchange?

Thanks

Edit: Also is it worth waiting until after macworld until I buy just in case there is an announcement? Because I won't be able to afford anything until december anyways?

2. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    anybody's guess, would be just that, a guess, there is no way to know:)

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome to the forum and to the world of Mac. Re your post, I'm not sure when the academic year starts Down Under. However, as you say you cannot afford anything until December, why not wait until Jan/Feb when updates (sometimes) are offered. In that case, you'd probably be able to acquire a refurb - and they would have sorted out whatever first generation glitches come with the new models. Have you looked at the refurb MBPs? Terrific computers, and offering very generous discounts, too.
    Cheerds and good luck