Refurb MBA 13" has Samsung SSD Samsung LCD

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Despite people saying they figured they'd all be Toshiba SSD and LG LCD... just fyi

Although my last air had a Toshiba SSD and it was perfectly blazingly fast awesome, so I hate to feed the rumors. I would definitely not have returned it if it was Toshiba/LG.

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

for all the sarcastic idiots on here you KNOW you would have been one of the punks to complain if you ordered a refurb and it was toshiba and LG because that is what 99% of the rejects on macrumors do

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
I have the Toshiba SSD and LG LCD.

I plan to get a 180GB OWC SSD anyway, but even still the Toshiba SSD does not disappoint me. Even coming from a Kingston HyperX SATA3 SSD in a 15in i7 2011 MBP.

As for the display I jut got a color calibration from a forum thread and it looks great now. Really it didn't bother me before but I don't do any photo work.

I'm just fine and dandy with my Toshiba/LG build. Not a single complaint and anyone that has one: Color calibrate your display, and you really DON'T notice the Samsung SSD, it's all in your head.

TheJing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
Somewhere in Europe
for all the sarcastic idiots on here you KNOW you would have been one of the punks to complain if you ordered a refurb and it was toshiba and LG because that is what 99% of the rejects on macrumors do
A have a Toshiba and I'm not complaining... I am a sarcastic idiot though.

Zudeo

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
Toronto, ON
I have the Toshiba SSD and LG LCD.

I plan to get a 180GB OWC SSD anyway, but even still the Toshiba SSD does not disappoint me. Even coming from a Kingston HyperX SATA3 SSD in a 15in i7 2011 MBP.

As for the display I jut got a color calibration from a forum thread and it looks great now. Really it didn't bother me before but I don't do any photo work.

I'm just fine and dandy with my Toshiba/LG build. Not a single complaint and anyone that has one: Color calibrate your display, and you really DON'T notice the Samsung SSD, it's all in your head.
Hi, I just bought an MBA 13 and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of that Color calibrator please.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.