Refurb MBP 17?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danidoll521, Jun 25, 2012.

1. danidoll521 macrumors regular

I am thinking of purchasing a MBP 17. Right not I am using a MBA 13, which I left a MBP 15 for. While the MBA is wonderful machine, I find myself missing the larger screen size.

My question is this: how well will a C2D processor hold up over time? Should I even look at these models or should is stick to only the i7's? I do not do too much that is processor heavy, but I want something that will last a while. Don't want it to be sluggish after only a year or so, especially with Mountain Lion coming soon.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm still running a 4 year old C2D MBP. It runs as well as the day I opened the box. I haven't upgraded because I haven't found a need to yet. YMMV.

3. Slivortal macrumors 6502

I still have my '09 13" C2D. It isn't really living up to what I need it to do now - of course, that's not nearly the same as the reason I got it three years ago (and it's gone through a few bangs/broken parts along the way).

All I know is that I can't wait to replace it with something iX at the end of this summer.

4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I have a 2007 C2D 2.2 ,6GB RAM,480 OWC SSD that just won't die, my wife has a 2008. add that to 3 C2D 2010 11" MBA's that run perfect,all I can say, buy with confidence!:cool: