Refurb MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poozer115, Apr 5, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

Hiya all. Is there any point in waiting to buy a refurb MBP? Will apple ever drop the prices, or will they hover around the same until the next generation is released in a billion years?
    Also, does apple do the "buy a mac, get an ipod" student deal on refurbs too? Thanks.

2. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

The biggest discounts are usually RIGHT after a release and they are on the previous, previous generations. As of right now they will stay the same ( althought the 2.4 macbooks just saw a 100 dollar drop for no reason a few days ago) Normally they are what they are, but they constantly update the list ( usually around 12am EST) and they sneak in some really cheap models.

Goodluck and I would buy now or constantly check. The best deals are gone by morning.

3. poozer115 thread starter macrumors regular

poozer115

Thanks. What about my other question. Does mac give the free ipod with refurbs to students in the fall?

4. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

No.

5. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

Unfortunately, very few of apple's promotions apply to refurbs. I am 99 percent sure that the "back to school" ipod promo doesn't apply to refurbs. I am 100 percent sure the eduction discount doesn't.
    Sorry