Refurb or New MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iphone1105, Feb 9, 2010.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

So I just placed an order 2 nights ago for a new Macbook. Today however, I see the put the exact same unit I purchased on the refurb site for $150 less. Question is, should I return my new and get the refurb for less? Anyone else ever take this route with a refurb Macbook?

2. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

Or if you live in CA, CO, GA, MI, IL, KS, MA, MD, MN, MO, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA....

You can buy a brand new one for 799

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0321997

3. hellojamie macrumors newbie

If you're within the 14 or 7-day return policy, whatever it is, they won't give you any hassles about returning it. Apple customer service is really good about that. If you can save $150 I don't see why not, especially if you just bought the base model. I bought new because it was a better deal with my student discount and I could upgrade it to the specs I wanted, but if none of that really matters to you, it shouldn't be too much of a problem returning it.

4. Type X macrumors regular

I stared at the refurbs and student disciunts for mooooonths

in the end i jumped on a brand new 2.26 white at microcenter for 820
    id the refurbs indentical return urs and get ur money

if its an older or less rated model say f it and just enjoy your stuff

models and products and so rapid you can be dated by the tjme you get home from the store

look at the beginning iphones with the 4gb hd's and they were obsolete within like 2 months and people got checks from apple lol

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

maybe if you call apple and talk to them they may refund you the difference. Seems fair to me

6. JLUGO35 Guest

JLUGO35

Beware

My friend purchased a referb macbook and asked me to replace the RAM in it. When I proceeded to do so, the slots that hold the RAM in place were damaged and the the metal L shaped hinge was damaged as well. If you do get it, inspect it first.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

That could have been like that when it was new. Apple has the 1 year warranty also with refurbished Macbooks.