Refurb or New Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DomLando, Jun 22, 2010.

1. DomLando macrumors newbie

I decided on getting a 15inch macbook pro. I can save $285 by buying a refurb or I can buy new and get a Free Ipod Touch 8GB. Not sure what to go for now. I usually do not like buying refurbs. What do you guys suggest doing? How are the refurbs from Apple? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. sadcamper macrumors regular

Personally, I'd only go new at this point...after reading all the stories of people returning for one defect or another, I wouldn't want any of those machines.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I'm a refurb guy. Why? Big savings, same warranty as a new machine, and eligible for Apple Care. There is no reason not to buy a refurb.

4. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Personally, I would purchase new. From what I've read, Apple does a good job at refurbing their electronics.

I've purchased a iPod, before the Touch, and I never had a problem...with the iPod. What I did have a problem with was knowing that my iPod was owned by someone before me...so it's not really "new."

Yeah, I'm a freak like that...;)

5. plethon macrumors newbie

plethon

Agreed. I have been nothing but satisfied with my refurb products at this point, and the significant savings would have even justified putting up with minor cosmetic defects I've never faced.