Refurb price drops?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stratocaster, Aug 17, 2008.

1. stratocaster macrumors newbie

OK
    So ive been looking to buy an ipod touch for a long time to replace my 1st gen nano (i accidentally cracked the screen... :()
    I have a good amount of music (~6gb) and video (~12gb) and think a 16gb touch is better suited for having apps and stuff on top of all that.
    So I was wonder if the price of the 1st gen refurbs will come down significantly when the new ones come out. maybe 250 for a 16gb.
    or would i better to just buy the 8gb for 200 or wait and hope the 8gb is dropped and the new model justifies me spending 300+.

I have never bought refurb so i dont know how product launch affects price.
    Sorry to ask so many questions in one thread:eek:
    thanks in advance for any advice you have!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The only difference between refurb and new, is the refurb comes in a generic box, and the new comes in a fancy box.

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I'm not sure exactly what question the previous poster was answering, but here are my thoughts on your question. :)

The current refurb prices are already quite low--basically $100 off. (I don't recall it usually being more than $50, but I can't remember--just definitely not this much. You know it's a good deal when they say "Special Pricing," which I think might be their replacement for the former "Limited Time" pricing since I haven't seen them say that in a while.) I doubt they'd go much lower, if at all, when the new iPod touches are released (if, of course, there are new iPod touches in store sometime soon--while we are expecting it with the B2S deal and Apple's history of September updates, we don't really know exactly what it will bring).

This is just my opinion, but I think you're unlikely to find an "new" (i.e., not used) iPod touch for much more than $100 off regular price, and the price in the refurb store right now looks fabulous to me.

4. stratocaster thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the in depth answer! it made sense

now my only issue is size and features for the new gen and whether they're enough to stop me from buying now...
    but there are enough threads about that

if you chime in anyway thanks in advance!