Refurb Price Reductions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yojimbo1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. yojimbo1 macrumors member

Nov 9, 2006
    Am I right that refurb prices have been reduced recently?

Seems like the Black 2.4 MB is reduced from $1,099 to $1,049
    and the White 2.4 MB from $999 to $949
    and i think the 1.6 MB Air price is down $100 or so from where it was last week.
  2. mlblacy macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2006
    the REAL Jersey Shore
    Prices seem to change daily, as does the supply. If you are lucky you can occasionally score a whitebook for $799 & $849. Blackbooks sometimes are as low as $999...

Amazon also has a good deal on a previous gen Air for $1149 (not sure if it is new or refurb, as it seems harder to find that info with Amazon these days. If if it is new, the price is stellar.)

See link:

Apple refurbs usually are pretty good deals, if you are trying to squeak into an Apple...

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Prices do NOT change daily.

What you are seeing are the different models with different prices, or the occasional price reduction when new models come out.
  4. yojimbo1 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 9, 2006
    I don't believe that's true in this case. I believe I saw price reductions in several models (I cited examples) over the past day or two, i.e., not immediately following the introduction of new models
  5. mlblacy macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2006
    the REAL Jersey Shore
    Could be... I have noticed the spec variations. However, I have been watching the refurbs for the last few weeks pretty closely, and the prices do not seem to be exactly 100% consistent (ie the Blackbooks going for 999-1049). The 2.0 799.00 ones usually sell out in a matter of minutes. If I was a little more anal I guess I could do a spreadsheet, but I was just passing on an observation that fell in line with the original post... that refurb prices did indeed seem to be dipping downwards. Obviously a newer model would drive down the pricing on an equivalent older version... especially when Apple has had a history of improving the hardware, and keeping the price points or even reducing them. For example, the "new" whitebook now has the SuperDrive as standard (albeit with a slower clock speed).

Has anyone checked out the deal from Amazon on the the $1149 Air? Did I miss that it was used? It seemed to me as a new, previous gen model.
  6. yojimbo1 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 9, 2006
    $799 model is available is available right now
  7. Srai-W macrumors regular

Oct 10, 2008
    Ipod 2nd and 3rd Gen on Apple AU store

Kinda related to this - I have had a look on the Australia store and the 8gb 3rd gen (the fat one) is at A$139, whilst the 8gb 2nd gen is at A$169. Hmmm, does this mean that the 2nd gen is more popular??? :rolleyes:
  8. therealdt macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2008
    northeast region
    Now it's not...They go quick, real quick.

MB 2.4 is at 949. 200 OFF

now one at 849.

I'm ready to pull the trigger....waiting for BF