Refurb return question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baxingo, Mar 23, 2011.

1. baxingo macrumors member

I bought a mid 2010 macbook pro refurbished from apples website in January of this year (2011) and I needed a computer at the time. I wanted to wait for the 2011 macbook pros, but I couldn't wait, I needed it for school, and as a main computer. Right now it is all I have. But is it possible to return my mbp to apple for money back, and just throw on an extra $2-300 and get a 2011 macbook pro?

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No.

3. baxingo thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks.

4. /user/me macrumors 6502

Are you sure? cause that's how I got my 2011 MBP. I ordered a 2010 and returned a little bit later, maybe 15 or 16 days later, except they just did an even switch for the two... I also bought mine closer to the release date, so that might have something to do with it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can do that within the 14 day period, and they might give a few days leeway, but the OP has had their refurb since January.

6. /user/me macrumors 6502

Ah, ok, that makes perfect sense. So i might be like buying a car and sayin that you want the new model once it comes out for free just because that's the one you wanted when you purchased your car. :p

7. baxingo thread starter macrumors member

How would I go about contacting them about that? Should I phone in?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can call them, but I wouldn't expect much. It never hurts to ask.