Refurb Rev B or New Rev C

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by alphaxono, Jun 17, 2009.

1. alphaxono macrumors member

Hi,

I have a Rev A with HDD and I was quite happy with it. But lately the flash content of some webpages are starting to annoy me. Even with Coolbook installed the fans jump up tp 6200 in no time. Now I with all the price drops I am wondering whether I should I get a Rev B 1.8 with SSD or a Rev C 2.13 with SSD.

Is there a big difference in terms of speed or battery life?

Thank you all!

2. Maks macrumors member

I've got a Rev A w/HDD now and had a Rev B w/SSD for a day until I returned it due to the lines issue. The few problems I run into w/the Rev A are much easier to deal with than a display that looks like crap. But that's just my opinion.

3. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Want to watch HD video, I think 2.13 is way to go. Some apps like iTunes require 2 GHz for HD video playback. Flash and QT hit CPU hard too. Also, the battery and GPU performance is better on new MBA.

5. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

I would say revision C with SSD > revision B with SSD > revision C with HDD > revision B with HDD >> revision A with SSD > revision A with HDD. Perhaps you have a bit more chance to avoid lines going with the refurb, but there's no guarantee. So apart from price, there's no reason to choose refurbished B/SSD. And no reason whatsoever to buy C/HDD version.