Refurb rMBP Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monkeydodo3, Apr 10, 2015.

1. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

So I got my refurb 2014 rMBP 13" w/ base specs almost a month ago. I upgraded from an air and read that battery life from just browsing the web would average around 8 hours. The battery life I've been getting has been more around 5 hours, and I generally have 3 tabs open at the same time at most. When I notice it draining really quickly from just 3 tabs, it usually eats 1% every 2-3 minutes. I'm planning on bringing it in for a Genius Bar appointment next week, but since I bought it refurbished, would they still replace it immediately with another unit in store if there's something actually wrong with the battery?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Let me get this straight. You are going into an Apple Store for a Genius appointment to get your laptop replaced because you are getting 6 hours of battery life browsing the web instead of 8?

Just want to be sure.

3. monkeydodo3 thread starter macrumors member

Yes. I meant 5 hours. Edited OP.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Oh well, 5 hours.

And you followed the test just as Apple tested to get their advertised hours, right? Using Safari, including screen brightness and everything, right? And you did this with no other software loaded on your laptop, right?

Just checking.

5. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

are you using any flash enabled sites?
    What is your battery health?

6. monkeydodo3 thread starter macrumors member

Battery health is good. Only has 10 cycles on it. I installed ClickToFlash.

----------

Yes. I'm at 1 tick above 50% for screen brightness. Only using Safari.