Refurb ? Ship to home or get @ Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TLmac, Mar 2, 2015.

1. TLmac macrumors member

Does anyone recommended picking up a refurb rMBP at the an Apple Store vs. getting shipped to home?
    I'm thinking if I pick up in store, I can have them check it over with me to make sure it runs right.

Would like to hear from others experiences. This will be my first refurb & rMBP.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use either method for shipment. Apple Refurbished units have already been thoroughly inspected and tested, before being offered as refurbs. Also, they're covered by warranty, just like new models. You really don't need a store to look at a refurb before you take delivery. If anything was wrong with the delivered device, you would return it to Apple, not to a store, unless you were having it serviced.

3. TLmac thread starter macrumors member

For anyone that has ordered an i5 and gotten an i7, was it shipped to your home? Just curious.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's always shipped to your home, unless you request otherwise, regardless of what you order. It is possible in some cases that you receive a model with higher specs than ordered (more RAM, etc.)

5. TLmac thread starter macrumors member

6. jabbok macrumors newbie

It was shipped to my house.

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Shipped to house.