Refurb Specs - Can't find ideal option.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MTL18, Jun 10, 2014.

1. MTL18 macrumors regular

Hi All,

In an ideal world I'd find an 11 inch 2013 MacBook Air with a combo of i5/8GB/256GB but that option never surfaces, only the maxed out I7/8/512 (which makes pricing above a 13 inch RMP with my desired specs).

Has anyone ever seen this option? How would I go about tracking it down? The RMP comes in at 1350 CDN, so I'd assume the MBA would drop 150-200 bucks off of that.

Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Refrubs are a crapshoot, none of us have any ideas of when/what will appear and something fly off the shelves pretty quick as well.

If you have a specific configuration that you must have, then you may be better off buying new and not a refurb

3. MTL18 thread starter macrumors regular

Do Apple stores have refurb options or is it only online?

4. ogun7 macrumors regular

ogun7

I would download RefurbMe, an app that can track that combo for you and alert you when it appears on the online refurb store. Also, check the big online resellers like MacMall and see if they have an older model on clearance so you can have the original, Apple warranty.

5. DeezeNuts macrumors newbie

I would suggest craigslist, I found exactly what I wanted but you could say I got lucky. Found a Mid 2012 (Last Macbook Pro made before Retina versions) 15" 2.3GHz i7 Quad 4MB for $800 cash.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Only online.

I worked at an Apple authorized re-seller about 6 years ago and we would receive refurbs from Apple occasionally, but it was typically older stock(but still with a full warranty). I don't believe Apple is doing this anymore though.

7. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

Keep a close eye on the 2013 11" i7/8/256 combo on the refurb store, as I just picked one up a week ago. They do go on there, but sell quickly, so check the Refurb store a few times a day. I got mine for 1199.00 in Canada. :D

8. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

When I bought my 2013 MBA 13" refurb, I decided to buy base model specs. Kinda wanted 8GB ram, but wasn't an option and I convinced myself I didn't need it. When it showed up, it had 8GB ram:D. Was the only configuration they had at time and in order to meet the shipping time, they sent it to me, no up charge. I've read they do that regularly, but its not a guarantee.

Try refurb.me site. You can set up custom notifications that when a particularly spec'd model hits the refurb store, it'll shoot you an email.