Refurb SR MBPs, do they exist?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cbell86, Jul 19, 2007.

1. cbell86 macrumors newbie

I'm really trying to cut costs on buying an MBP as I'm only a student, so I've been continually checking for the past 1.5 weeks for an SR MBP to hit the refurb shelves. I understand updates only occur a couple times a week and in the early mornings so I don't think I've missed anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has even seen an SR MBP posted? With it out so soon, I'm guessing my findings are going to remain at nil.

BTW, I'd consider buying the previous model, but games are important to me and the recent jump to the 8600m seems like that should be a clear deciding factor...

2. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Nope, not yet. However, I would bet that your local Apple Store has had one or two come through as "refreshed". This is the brick and mortar equivilent of a refurbished machine. It has been returned for some reason or another. They typically sell them for 10% off whatever price you would normally get which in this case would be the EDU price.

3. cbell86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you tack on the Edu. discount to "refreshed" systems or no?

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Don't believe refurbished items are available with an education discount. It's either or.