Refurb Stock

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Aug 22, 2008.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Can anyone give me an idea about how much refurb stock Apple usually has after they update a product? I'm thinking of upgrading my old PowerBook soon and was set on getting a current gen MacBook, mostly because of the price, but now I'm reading that the new generation could be the same price or even cheaper, so it's giving me pause.

I really like the current gen's look and feel (both the black and the white) but I'm also very curious about what the updated model will be like. I think if I knew I could still get the current/old one after the new ones were released, it would ease my mind and make it easier to wait and see.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

There will be old stock in the refurb store for a time. Look now, and you'll still see pre-Santa Rosa MBPs from time to time (there was a 2.33 17" MBP a couple of days ago even).

If the update displeases some who have been waiting, many of those people will grab up current gen MacBooks before they're all gone. If you feel like playing the waiting game, you're probably safe. My best suggestion would be to not wait too long after the update to decide on the model that's for you.

3. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

You'll be fine in being able to get the current model as refurb for at least 6 months. Example, they were selling the original MB Core Duo this spring on the refurbed site.