Refurb. store is depressing.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rust.puppet, Feb 5, 2009.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

Last week there were alu macbooks for what seemed like the first time and i was drooling the entire time, but i kept having to delay it and now there havent been any in a few days and the white ones are selling so fast.

how often do they add them? or is it really as rare as im thinking.

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

I have been watching them as well. It seems as though they have been updating them at night and by midday the next day they are out of the "good deals"

The alum has been on there 30-50% of the days. It is just a waiting game.

The same goes for the cheap MBPs that they put on there (1250-1500).

Just keep checking often throughout the day. Know what you want and when it is there buy it.

There is also a widget you can download to check the refurb store if you already have a mac.

3. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the info, i dont have a mac yet (kind of do but wont HAVE it till may) and just waiting to order a alu macbook but my employers still havent sent me my w2 forms yet so i cant get my tax money back.

4. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

At least you have something in there. On the Apple Norway site they have a refurb section, but it has never been a single Mac there

5. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

im so sorry. that sucks.

6. brendanm14 macrumors newbie

I wasn't ready to pull the trigger last week but of course now I am and they are not there anymore! You are correct, it seems late morning and nighttime they update the availability. I got "dibs" on a 2.4 or 2.5 ghz prev. gen. MBP!

7. andyr2120 macrumors member

Refurb nacbooks

This is redundant information because the same sentiments have been expressed here time and time again, but I got a refurb alu macbook two weeks ago and it is PERFECT! I would not be able to tell that it wasn't brand new, and it has performed better than I ever could have expected. Buying refurb from Apple has changed my perception of what "refurb" even means....

Anyway, you may have to wait but it is worth it.

8. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

Refurbs are Great!

I got a refurb Macbook 2.4GHz last week (UK).

Amazingly, it was delivered in under 24 hours and it has been PERFECT.

I was wondering when the unibody machines might surface as refurbs in the UK, and I jumped at the chance to get one, but it looks like there are a lot of good Mac refurb deals in the UK store right now.

Now my preference is to purchase refurb stuff if I can, not just because of the savings, but rather it has been given extra attention (testing) before being sold, so you know the changes of anything wrong with it, are even lower! :)

9. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the info guys, unfortunately we were supposed to have our w-2 tax return funds by now but it's almost 2 weeks late, this sucks so bad. companies are supposed to have them shipped by january 31st... its the 11th so i guess ill have to wait a couple days longer :(