Refurb Store UK, where art thou ??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by goncaloproenca, Oct 19, 2010.

1. goncaloproenca macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Whats happening to the refurbished store in Apple UK ? It got completly wiped - it had more than 30 macs there from every range ( i7, i5 MBP, MacPRO's, Imac's, lots of MacAirs ) and today I was about to plug the plunge on a MBP17 i7 they had there,store is gone.

Why ??

Other European Apple Stores with Refurb section also gone - so Apple must be up to something - whats happening ?

I've heard about the 20th Event - but isnt that about software ?

Confused now.. what to do ?

2. chapmac macrumors member

Interesting - just checked and all empty for me too. Haven't seen this before, and must be something to do with tomorrow'se event.

May not be a bad thing for you actually. Discounts are often larger straight after an update (although recently nothing in the UK store seems to be more than about 15%), and also Apple will sell off new but now outdated stock through the refurb store. Bought my last 2 ipods and also my Macbook this way and all were brand new models which had just become outdated the previous week.

3. jamied95 macrumors 6502

It's fine in the US :confused:

However, the blocks across the top of the UK store are all Out of Stock pages... I guess we'll see tomorrow, the chat person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about ;)

4. flipshot macrumors 6502a

They do something each night which causes everything to go out of stock for a couple of hours then it all comes back. Maybe there has been a problem with it coming back up, or they are reworking the store.

5. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

hmmm, interesting, I've never seen this before and I'd been keeping my eye on the refurb MacBook Pro 15" i7 .... and have been seriously debating whether the new 13" Air would do me instead .... I'll just have to wait the 20 hours .... :D

6. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

It usually comes back on just after half past midnight.

7. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

If i was anyone, i would not buy anything until after tomorrow.... just in cases

8. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

It's back up, but only 5 machines? ... who's been buying my next macbook pro!