Refurb store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andy5000, May 16, 2007.

1. andy5000 macrumors regular

Im just wondering why apples refurb store in the USA has a lot more products than the UK. I have never seen a mac mini or display or macbook on the uk refurb store.anyone know why?

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

200 million or more people will do that.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

More sales in the USA leads to more returns in the USA...

4. dcv macrumors G3

There's a MacBook in there today but not worth the price given the recent updates and price drops anyway. Mac minis are few and far between but have been in there. I've not noticed any displays in the online refurb store but have seen discounted (refreshed) ones at the Regent St store.

5. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

so do you think that refurb products mostly just get sold in store?and where is the macbook?

6. dcv macrumors G3

Looks like someone bought the MacBook!

There was one in there earlier this morning, a white 2.0GHz C2D for something like £749 (approx 15% off the original price of £879). Not a particularly great deal considering yesterday's updates and new £829 price point for the higher-specced white MB.

The Apple Store Regent Street sell off 'refreshed' products (i.e. customer returns, which have been verified and re-packaged) usually during the last weekend of the month and typically with about 10% savings, sometimes better. The refurbs you see online are generally repaired items or online returned items. There are some very good savings to be had and most people's experience of buying refurbs is very positive.

7. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Not sure about in the UK, but in Canada (which feeds off the US supplies, I'd think) the mini's pop up early in the morning, and disappear quickly. I bought my refurb'd mini at 7 a.m. just last week.

8. shevans macrumors member

I purchased two Mac minis and and iMac since last August, so they do have them. Its just a case of looking every day about 10/11am ish....

9. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

still at the reductions of displays. USA has the better side of things. Just need to get more people to buy apples in the UK and return them:p and considering i live "up north" regent street isnt exactly a 15min car journey!

10. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I've picked up a couple of refurb mini's from the uk store. I tend to keep any one the pages for any bargins though.