refurb units

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kclark, Jul 11, 2011.

1. kclark macrumors member

Anyone thinking about buying a refurb instead of a "new" unit shouldn't hesitate. Mine came today and I LOVE it. I should have done it a long time ago. I am already getting use to the pad gestures. SWEEET. Just thought I would help anyone that might be on the fence like I was. The only thing that I wasn't sure about in the end was Hi res glossy or antiglare until I went to an apple store. I am very happy with my antiglare.

2. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Nice to hear. I'm currently in this dilemma on getting a refurb or a new one.

But now I've just gotten into the dilemma of waiting til the new line-up of MacBooks.

3. Fishman Dan macrumors newbie

I love reading these threads.

Late 2008 MBP 15" here (purchased mid 2009). Was my long awaited return to MacOS, and I haven't looked back since. I have recommended many the same way.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'd recommend waiting for the new ones seeing if it has something you need/really want, and if it doesn't get a refurb of the previous model for a cheaper price than buying it now.

And I totally agree with the OP, refurbs are awesome and work just as well as new ones.

5. jbjones85 macrumors member

I got my refurb about 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any second thoughts. Looked brand new.

6. kclark thread starter macrumors member

I saved $400 versus the same new model and I think it must have a new case, there is not a single scratch, scar, mar, smudge, etc. on it.

7. SkaarjHunter macrumors newbie

So, with refurbs, they literally come in the same cosmetic condition as new models?

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Refurb is very nice. I have MBA is refurbished and it is just as good as new. Apple also backs it up with 1 year warranty. They are doing this because they are so confident that these machines will last years.

9. kclark thread starter macrumors member

About the only difference between new and refurb, the refurb comes in a plain box instead of the pretty new box.

10. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

i looked at refurb before i got mine.. the difference after tax was $60.. not worth it to me to get refurb over new.. then again my brand new MBP is DOA :(