Refurb with latest software?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Samwise592, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Samwise592 macrumors regular

A friend of mine wants to buy a refurbished mac mini, but dosen't know if she should order leopard along side of it (she's gonna buy after the release)

So basically, if she orders after the release, will the Leopard DVD be included? or will she have to buy it separately?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It varies... sometimes, a while after the release, refurbs are shipped with the latest software (certainly there will eventually be refurb mac minis that had Leopard to begin with), and other times, it takes a while. I don't think you're guaranteed a drop-in disc or anything with a refurb like you are with a new Mac.

3. weckart macrumors 68040

You get whatever was bundled with the original article. If the refurb was a post-Leopard mini, then you will get Leopard pre-installed and bundled with it, otherwise Tiger.

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

When I bought my PowerBook it came with Jaguar but the current shipping version was Panther and I believe the refurb site said Panther was included. I called support and they shipped me out Panther. It could never hurt to call and ask...:)

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I bought my refurb'd Power Mac just before Tiger came out, but after they announced the free upgrade. My sales representative told me that Tiger would be included, but when I sent the paperwork in, it was denied. It took a lot of work and hassle to actually get it sent to me (because of the sales rep's assurance), but I got two copies when I did. :)

6. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Some weeks after the new OS release, I believe all the refurbs get the new software. In any case, I am pretty sure the online refurb store will make it clear which version it ships with at that time.