Refurb??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gom33, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Gom33 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Wife and I are looking to get our first macbook pro as we are trying to get on the dark side, lol. We are looking for a 15", seen that they have the current middle model of the 15" macbook pro as a refurb for the same price as their lower end 15" model. What do you guys think about refurb? Nothing wrong with them correct? It is 1699 same price as the lower end.

Any input is greatly appreciated, looking to buy at the end of the month, I know there may be an update in the next few months but we need a laptop soon, lol.

Thanks in advance!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Refurbs are a great deal and come with a warranty

3. GGJstudios, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. chipz macrumors member

Refurb?

All Mac refurbs are good buys in my opinion. I have purchased a few of them in the past and I have been very satisfied with the quality. Each one is thoroughly tested and checked before sale. The look, feel and performance are equal to a new Mac, but at a lower price. They are also eligible for AppleCare, so it's like buying a new mac at a discounted price. The only big difference is they come in a plain brown box instead of the commercial box.

5. Gom33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast replies guys. Well be getting a refurb at the end of the month.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Does the resale value of refurbs tend to be less than a new bought one?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is discussed at some length in this thread:
    Refurbished buy...Good idea or not?

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Unless you sold it in the brown box, how would anybody know it's a refurb? :confused:

I used to work in the retail computer business - refurbs are new products. In my experience, fewer than five percent of these have ever been in a customer's hands - they typically fall into one of two categories: (1) a special order that got cancelled, or (2) a computer that had a part robbed from it by the store, went back to the manufacturer to get the part replaced, and was shipped back to the store for sale.

9. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

When I buy directly from Apple, it's almost always a refurb. They're excellent, look new, never had a problem. Sometimes you also get phantom upgrades. Good luck.

10. Miker2k macrumors regular

Buy the refurb, you'll save money and won't be able to tell the difference.

11. Steve Mobs macrumors regular

New. Newcomers are initiated by performing the ritual of opening a brand new Apple product.