Refurbed AT&T and Jailbreak any issues?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dorfdad, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Just found this app from http://www.ziphone.org/

It says it will unlock your iPhone in 45 seconds, also will repair your iPhone. Now I recently bought a refurbished 8Gig iPhone from AT&T and i remember reading a warning from someone about not unlocking AT&T bought phones. Does anyone know about this?

Also if I do unlock the phone do I lose ANY functions from the current AT&T service? I'm happy with AT&T and not looking to move to another carrier etc.. After I unlock it will my phone work EXACTLY like it does right now, but I will be able to install additional stuff as well.

2. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

if you are happy with At&t dont unlock it just jailbreak it so you can install 3rd party apps. When you download Ziphone it gives you the option to unlock&jailbreak or just unlock or just jailbreak, you would want the latter.
    ZiPhone is simple and effective and i believe you cont lose any of the functions of the phone

3. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Shakler I just want to Jailbreak it, not unlock it you are correct. So when the newest firmware comes out I just upgrade and no harm done? I would have to jailbreak it again with a new version if I want to continue right?

4. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

You are correct on both accounts.

5. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

off to fulfill my gaming needs..... Thanks to you both for the info..