Refurbed iPods and iPod Discounts?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nyycavo24, Feb 3, 2008.

1. nyycavo24 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with buying or researching refurb iPods? Is there a market for that kind of stuff and does it make sense to buy used iPods? This same questions would also apply for resellers who sell iPods for below the listed prices on Apples Website...legit?

Finally, are there any type of iPod education discounts or any other type of price deal I can research?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I haven't bought refurbished iPods, but when i had a problem with my 4th gen and brought it to the Apple store, they discovered a problem and gave me a refurb for free. Refurbs are great, they come pristine, look brand new, and function just as well as they look. Since Apple only offers current gen or last gen models for refurb, it's safe to buy them. Refurbs go through rigorous testing to make sure they are worth putting back into the market, so you are safe (and they're covered by the same warranties as new iPods). If you feel that the discount is sizeable enough to merit buying refurb instead of new, that's a good way to go.

To your question about discounts, Apple no longer offers educational discounts on iPods. That policy began with the 5th gen iPods i believe.

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Refurb is definitely the way to go! My Macbook is a refurb and I have had it for two years and not a single problem with it. And I would suggest the same with the ipod!

4. c2edgerton macrumors newbie

refurb ipods

I bought 3 refurb ipod nanos for xmas...(mainly because I wasn't crazy about the new cases...I like the size, but preferred the brushed metal of the prior nanos...) I bought a pink and a green for my daughters and a black one for myself...they were in pristine condition...no different from a brand new one...and ZERO issues....not to mention I saved money on them!!!

AND, they still come with the standard Apple warranty...

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I completly agree - in fact many time they still seel the previous revision at a discount under the specials store. Either way, they both work fine and it isn't like they are giving you old head phones - they clean up everything and you probably could not tell it wasn't new.