refurbed Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cartmell, Apr 27, 2007.

1. cartmell macrumors member

cartmell

Are the refurbed macs from the apple store just bog standard configurations are can you get some that have higher specs such as imacs with better graphics card?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you are lucky you can buy a refurb and get extras with it, like buy a stock CD iMac and get 1GB of RAM instead of 512MB.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

They're generally just listed as the standard configurations. Some machines come with free, unannounced upgrades. The specs in the item listing are a minimum. Unfortunately, what you get is the luck of the draw...you can't specify anything other than what is listed in the refurb store when machines are available.

4. cartmell thread starter macrumors member

cartmell

So how many people get extra's? I would consider getting a refurb 24" iMac but I would want the better graphics.

5. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Its very random. If you really need the upgraded graphics you should just buy new.

6. cartmell thread starter macrumors member

cartmell

Thats what I Keep thinking. Or I should just wait till the iMacs are updated as I am in no great rush

7. jnash macrumors regular

im waiting with you man but im looking into a laptop I say lets hold out atleast until WWDC :)

On a side note my buddy ordered a macbook with 512mb/cdrom and got 1gig with a dvd burner. I wouldnt chance it though :)

8. brandon6684 Guest

While it doesn't work for video upgrades most of the time(except for Mac Pros maybe), if you local Apple store has refurbs, I believe they will usually offer to upgrade the RAM or Hard drive for the same "normal" Mac upgrade prices.

9. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I have ordered two refurb. but both have been stock items with no upgrades:(

10. cartmell thread starter macrumors member

cartmell

I am 99% sure I will hold out for new updates or at least to WWDC:)