refurbed powerbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by m2gc, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. m2gc macrumors newbie

    Oct 6, 2005
    Looks like apple is running a special on there older powerbooks.

    I am looking to get a nice running machine that will last me more than 1 yr technology wise, should I jump on the 12' powerbooks for 1099 or the ones with a superdrive for 1199 or wait to see if something comes out with the ibooks near april
  2. Ugg macrumors 68000


    Apr 7, 2003
    I like my 12" PB, got it last February and plan on using it for another 3 years at least. The refurb prices can't be beat.

    I've always been a late adopter, the newest tech always seems pretty risky in terms of hardware issues and lots of software isn't yet ready for the Intel Macs. Personally, I would wait until this time next year. 1199 for a superdrive is an excellent price.
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I have been seriously debating the $1099 combo drive version, but I know that I'll be kicking myself when an intel ibook with vastly better graphics, better screen, IR/front row and more comes out for $999 in a few months.

    So I think I'm going to restrain myself and wait, and that would be my advice to you too. :)
  4. sw1tcher macrumors 65816


    Jan 6, 2004
    If you can stand to wait another 2-3 months or so, I'd suggest waiting to see what Apple has up their sleeves. We may get a smaller MacBook Pro plus new iBooks too.

    But if you absolutely need one now, the $1099/$1199 prices for the 12" PB's are very good.
  5. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

    Jan 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    I would say hold out a few more months. If it's a life & death situation... definitely spend the money...but if not...Patience is the best virtue here.

Share This Page