Refurbed Previous Gen Unibody MBP or...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by InvalidBassist, Oct 23, 2009.

  1. InvalidBassist macrumors regular


    Feb 8, 2008
    I got my base level 13.3 Unibody Macbook with 4GB RAM around March/April this year. I recently have become interested in and taking classes in object oriented programming, AutoCAD (possibly Vector Works in the Spring) and audio recording/production.

    The 13.3 inch screen isn't cutting it for me real-estate wise, but I need something I can take with me to the studio in which most of the equipment connects via Firewire 800.

    I'm looking at this one:; and I can live with my MacBook one for a while (really won't be at a disadvantage until next year).

    So I'm guess what I'm wondering is... should I wait until a possible Spring/Summer refresh and invest then or go for the cheapest 15 incher now?

    Thanks, all!
  2. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

    Aug 18, 2009
    go with a refurb [​IMG] i reckon that would be best... a refurb 15 now and then if new technology comes out, sell and buy another... it wont work out much more expensive

Share This Page