Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
I got my base level 13.3 Unibody Macbook with 4GB RAM around March/April this year. I recently have become interested in and taking classes in object oriented programming, AutoCAD (possibly Vector Works in the Spring) and audio recording/production.

The 13.3 inch screen isn't cutting it for me real-estate wise, but I need something I can take with me to the studio in which most of the equipment connects via Firewire 800.

I'm looking at this one: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB470?mco=MTA4MzEzMjI; and I can live with my MacBook one for a while (really won't be at a disadvantage until next year).

So I'm guess what I'm wondering is... should I wait until a possible Spring/Summer refresh and invest then or go for the cheapest 15 incher now?

Thanks, all!

MacKiddyWiddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
go with a refurb
signature_SmileyFace.jpg
i reckon that would be best... a refurb 15 now and then if new technology comes out, sell and buy another... it wont work out much more expensive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.