iPad Pro Refurbished 12.9 models

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Compgeek, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Compgeek macrumors regular

Hey guys! So I've had many refurbished Apple devices but I'm strongly considering picking up a Refurbished IPad Pro here in the next few months, with the Pro 2 coming soon will the current refurbished pro's come down any in price or will they stay about the same? Can I pick up a refurb pro in stores or order through refurb site only? Either way will be fine! Thanks

2. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

If you've purchased many Apple refurbs, then you should know the answers to your questions.

3. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Not necessarily. How do you figure that? He may not have had to follow a certain refurb product to determine if they change in price. Also, if he bought all of his refurbs online how would he know if they were sold in store?

Anyway, to answer your question, OP, yes, the prices do come down from time to time on the refurb site, usually not long after a new model is released. Also, Apple refurbs are not sold in Apple Stores (or any other store), only online.

4. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Just my $0.02, I've seen prior generations which are N.I.B. sell at a better discount from various e-tailers than refurbs from Apple when they release a new model.

I would look for places like Best Buy, Target, Staples, B&H Photo and Adorama Camera. Also, there are some sellers on ebay that have very good track records which will sell prior generation models at a significant discount.

5. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info

6. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

I wouldn't bet on it. Last years refurbished MBP's went up in price after the new release!!

7. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

I will take a look at those places, I haven't had good luck with EBay in the past

8. yubakram macrumors member

yubakram

Check out Walmart for refurb's also. Full year Apple warranty - just picked up a 12.9" Pro 128GB Gold for $549 and a Silver 32GB for $465. Cheapest I've seen for the 12.9's.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Refurbished do occasionally change in price, but not by much.

10. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Never even thought to look there. Thanks, Do you like the 12.9? Did you get a case with it? Thinking I'll pick up the logitech Create case

11. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

In-store or online? Who does their refurbs?

12. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

I just checked online and I'm not seeing the $465 12.9 deal. The one I did see for in the range of $400 was out of stock. I am wondering the same, who does the refurbs?

13. yubakram macrumors member

yubakram

Online... they come in and out of stock. Just have to be ready to order if in stock. Lost two while inputting my information. I ordered two and they are being delivered today from Walmart (not a reseller on Walmart) I called beforehand and was "told" these are Apple refurbs with a one year warranty. Will know more today once they arrive. I have the links for the sites but not sure if it's acceptable to post in this forum.

14. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Walmart has an iPad pro 12.9 refurbished right now online but it's for $769.99.

15. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome Please post an update once you get them today and lwr us know how they are. Thanks

16. yubakram, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017

yubakram macrumors member

yubakram

Just received both units.. one came in a white generic box (Silver 32GB) and original box (128GB Gold). Have been used as the both just have a screen protective film, not the complete protective cover as a new one. Apple Service and Support site shows - Silver 32GB (Nov 2017) 128GB Gold (Feb 2018). I will keeping the Gold 128GB and send back the Silver 32GB. I don't see these being Direct Apple Refurbs (Model #'s are not refurb #'s) even though sold directly from Walmart and confirmed by Customer Support. Luck of the draw on the Open Box unit.

Attached Files:

17. Compgeek thread starter macrumors regular

Nice! I wonder if Apple will allow you to add AppleCare+ to the 128. I have asked them recently if they could add Applecare+ to a non-apple refurb they said as long as I have Proof of purchase they can add it. Looks like a non Apple charger, wonder how long it will take to charge.

18. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

I would not have kept the non-Apple charger I'm glad I saw this forum will never recommend Walmart refurbished Apple products ever

19. yubakram macrumors member

yubakram

I return the unit in the brown box. They both had wrapped up iPad chargers. The unit I kept was an open box unit only 2 weeks old. Almost a full year warranty and available for AppleCare+.