Refurbished 15 MacBook Pro Antiglare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmstrong, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

2. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Hardly if ever. Most people who bought matte 15" bad boys are more than happy with their purchases

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Can you please stop calling them Bad Boys, like really they are inanimate objects.

Back on topic the reason you won't see a matte 15" is that you pay extra for it, and because most refurbs are just cancelled orders, most people don't cancel their orders on the matte because they have made sure it is exactly what they want.

4. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

A few configurations have shown up but only very briefly.

http://store.apple.com/us_adc_38839/product/G0GG4LL/A?mco=MTI2OTg4NjA

http://store.apple.com/us_adc_38839/product/G0GG2LL/A?mco=MTMyMTk0MDU

The 2.53 model hasn't show up, but I'm guessing it's gonna be $1494...
    http://store.apple.com/us_adc_38839/product/GOGS2LL/A?mco=MTEyMTU0NTI

If the links don't work, go into the ADC store first then try clicking them again. Those links are only visible when you search the ADC store for refurbished MBP's.

5. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Why? It is my laptop so why can't I show my appreciation for it and call it what it is?

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

But you don't have to express it over the internet.

7. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

thank you for pointing that out. I literally roll my eyes every time he refers to the 15" as a "bad boy" i mean c'mon, spent time in the '80s much.

Shambo,

anyone who has spent more than a nano second on this forum knows you are in love with your 15". thats great, but no need to continue to bleed your undying passion for it all over us every time you post.

8. Grizzly Adams macrumors member

I laugh my ass off every time that he refers to it as his badboy pro!

9. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

10. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

But a cancelled order doesn't make the Mac a used or opened item. Why would they be considered refurbished?

11. prodigee macrumors 6502a

That is just the way a lot of companies do it. I don't know if Apple does, but I know Dell, HP, and Lenovo all do that. And really think about it, how else would they have SO many refurbs there is no way that many people have issues serious enough that they have to get the entire thing replaced. That or people got the computer, didnt like it after like the first day and sent it back. Which in my mind is a cancelled order because really that thing has never been used really.

12. PAC88 macrumors 6502

they will start showing up before the year ends

13. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

the refurbs in the apple store are just that, Refurbs. they are units that have been delivered into the customers hands and opened. the customer then returns the machine for any number of reasons: defective, did not like it, apple's buyers OCD kicked in and there was a 3mm mark on the bottom. whatever the reason, if it was opened and returned they look it over, fix anything needing fixed and then it is put in refurb store. they are not cancelled orders. if someone merely cancelled or returned it unopened, it would simply go back to inventory. also, the return of a 1 day old unit does not constitute a cancellation. once possession is given to the customer, if they return it, it is a return not a cancellation.

however, the reason the anti-glares do not show up often is because compared to the glossy screen, there is only a small percentage of the matte produced and sold. therefore, simple math says that if a smaller number is made and sold then an even smaller number of those are going to be returned and make it to the refurb store.

14. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    You can get a refurb 17" matte MBP last time I checked. So I assume sooner or later a 15" matte will show up.

15. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

After reading this forum I am not surprised that apple has so many refurbs. But I'm still getting one :D

16. puma1552 macrumors 601

Agreed, and personally I'd like to see someone with a 17" AG **** all over his 15" AG and rave on and on about how another 2" make all the difference...on the plus side, he's temporarily banned from accessing this site with his 'bad boy'. w00t

But to answer the question, the AG ones will show up, but much less frequently since there are far fewer of them to begin with...going to have to get lucky.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Im going to start calling my computer a badboy now.

18. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I don't get it. What makes it a badboy and why does he keep using it?