Refurbished 17 MBP? LED Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 61132, Jul 1, 2008.

1. 61132 Guest

I am looking to buy a refurbished 17 inch macbook pro, how can I make sure I get the LED screen? The refurbished descriptions do not say whether or not it has an LED screen. My almost 3 year old 15 inch MBP screen has dimmed dramatically and I want to get one with a screen that won't do that.

Thanks

2. dvpetrenko macrumors newbie

Hey, sorry its 3 days late, but for what it's worth... i just spent an hour (at 12 am, on july 4th, awesome) on the phone with apple sales rep, she was very nice, and knowledgeble... and she said YES they do...

if it is the HIGH resolution, it is the most recent, which comes with LED. And if it matters, i actually was asking about the 17" - so definetly....

3. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Normal res 17in have always had CCFL backlights, only the new righ-res 17inchers are LED backlit

4. 61132 thread starter Guest

Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting a refurb 15inch glossy. WOW is the screen nice! Much better than my old non glossy screen. The refurb I bought came with a 200gb drive, and I immediately replaced that with a 500gb samsung drive I bought from OWC. With all my current music movies and TV shows I have the drive filled about halfway. I can't wait till 1TB laptop HD's :)

I have a set of body guards in the mail, my old MBP wrist pad was being eaten away by I guess sweat or oils from my skin.