refurbished 2.5ghz macbook pros sold out already?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kousuke18, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kousuke18 macrumors regular

looks like both the matte and glossy versions of the 2.5ghz macbook pro are gone from the apple refurb store :eek: Do you guys think there will be more for sale later on?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, the availability changes from day to day. They'll be back.

3. Hadi macrumors member

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I'm keeping an eye on the refurb MB but it looks like they're all gone since days. I'd like to buy one for my gf for xmas. I think I hope I can get one for a good price.

Tex

5. Hadi macrumors member

I got way too excited and just about I made my decision they were all gone.

6. Nosfera macrumors newbie

bwahaha I'm so glad I bought one at 10 pm yesterday. It was glossy but I don't use a lot of photo editing so itll be fine.

I remember at 6 pm PST the matte ones were still available and then at 7 pm they were gone. They are selling very fast.

7. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Doubt it.

I was placing an order for a 2.5 Ghz refurb, and they ran out whilst I was placing my order :eek:

But I have NO problem "settling" for 2.4 Ghz. For $1450 with tax, I'm a very happy camper. I'm so glad I waited 4 weeks to buy one so I could save $700!

8. bkeezy macrumors newbie

also have the option of getting the same thing new (not refurbished) for only $100 more in the clearance store (after education discount) until those also run out of course

9. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

You can get it BRAND spankin new on Amazon.

No tax in many states makes the deal sweeter.

It is 1794. There is a 150 online rebate. so it $1644. The benefit for me is that I have an Amazon visa card and they just gave the rewards card so im in the middle of double the points promo, which will give me 6 pts for every dollar, thus 1794*6 will give me 10764 which I can redeem for $100 cash back (5000 for $50 check)

Thus when all is said and done I would get this for $1544 new compared to $1561 refurbished (7.75% tax in California)

The 2.4 on amazon is $1444 after 150 rebate.

10. kousuke18 thread starter macrumors regular

the matte 2.5ghz macbook pro is back up for sale ;)

11. mikked macrumors newbie

I just bought the 2.5 glossy. I too tried to order one this afternoon and they were already out. I have a friend who has the matte and I REALLY don't like it. I'm leaving a Sony Vaio SZ about 4 years old. Way overdue for an notebook upgrade. They had the 2.6 glossy but I couldn't justify the $300 price difference. My new plan is to spend around $1,500 every couple of years instead of $3,000 every four. Seriously my Sony has been limping along for six months even after reinstall of XP and a motherboard replacement. (I have a Sony Accidental Care for another year. Only had to use it once for the new motherboard. Not sure if that was the issue but hey they wanted to replace it anyway and give me an extra year of insurance. Gotta Love Sony for that.)

12. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

There are deals on new and refurbished MBP at macmall and small dog. I checked them out before making my purchase.

13. mikked macrumors newbie

Ordered ram

I also just picked up 4GB ram via Amazon for $54. Buy.com had it for ten bucks cheaper but you had to send in a $40 rebate. I forget about rebates. Now should I switch out the hard drive to 500gb? Maybe later.

14. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

So where did you buy a 2.5 glossy if the refurb store was already out? Apple Clearance? Or @ macmall, etc..

Those are some great deals at amazon, but I prefer the glossy screen (not involved with any graphic/picture editing really).

15. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Must say, I love my 2.5 way over the 2.4.

I'd even venture to say it bests the MBs handily and the new MBPs eek out a little better.

6 mb cache!!!

16. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I got mine off eBay. I was looking around today to see what the market is doing after the new releases and I saw some MBPs (early 08, late 07) for ~$1,200.

17. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

That's not bad

18. mikked macrumors newbie

I have been waiting for apple to release the new notebooks. We all knew they were coming out. Even though I like them and the geek in me salivates over the dual GPU's I just didn't want to spend 3K on the new MBP. So after finally making the mental decision that the 2.5 glossy refurb for $1,499 via apple.store is perfect in tech/speed and obviously the price. This decision was at 11:30am (pacific time) but I had a lunch meeting. During my lunch meeting I'm on my iPhone putting the 2.5 MBP in the save-for-later in my apple acount this is around 12:30pm. I get to my office computer w/ credit card in hand. And my MBP return is GONE! I keep refreshing. This is about 1:40pm. I call my local apple store and the genius was obviously annoyed or she sounded as if she was for answering the same questions all day. So now I'm just annoyed. I made the mental decision justifying the expense. The excitement of getting a new toy. And when I go to order I'm happy and excited and then I crash cuz my toy is gone. Poof. So for the next two hours I don't hear anything in the office. People are talking to me and I'm barely listening cuz I'm on my computer hitting the refresh button over and over. Then at 3:15pm they all pop in the apple website. They even had the 2.6 glossy refurb. I did the mental gymnastic quickly and stuck to my original 2.5 glossy. This time I didn't wait. I made the purchase within a few min of popping onto the apple website.

19. topcash macrumors member

does amazon have the best deals around? [​IMG]

20. mikked macrumors newbie

RFB MBP shipped

FYI my 2.5 MBP was picked up last night in rancho Cordova, ca. Now in Oakland. Fedex says I'll have by Mon 4:30pm. Damn weekend.