Refurbished 2012 rMBP or 2013 rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by schmibibi, Oct 24, 2013.

  1. schmibibi macrumors newbie

    Oct 24, 2013

    I am in the market for a new MBP and am trying to decide between the following two models listed below. (I will be using this computer professionally for audio, photo and video editing, and will also need to run Windows.)

    Although I could afford either one, I would rather save money for other needs if I wouldn't really notice a difference. But since I spend so much time on my computer, if the difference is noticeable, it would probably be worth the extra investment.
    What do you think: Is it worth the extra €500 for the newest machine?

    Refurbished 2012:
    2.7 Quadcore i7 processor
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (1 GB GDDR5)
    16 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1600 MHz)
    768 GB SSD

    OR new 2013:
    2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2 GB GDDR5)
    16 GB 1600 MHz RAM
    512 GB SSD

    Thanks for your input.

  2. iThink Apple macrumors 6502a

    iThink Apple

    Aug 27, 2011
    I would say so.....You have a new Processor generation, new generation AC Wifi and faster SSDs.....So yes for me :)
  3. sholzer macrumors regular

    Jun 21, 2013
    +1 I would get the latest generation for these reasons
  4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020


    Apr 24, 2013
    New Orleans
    I normally tend to go towards refurbished models because the price difference is so great. The 2GB of VRAM on the GT 750M does look appealing to me, but there really hasn't been much that I couldn't do on the 650M (I currently have the top model you listed). I would always choose the higher storage option if its a a cheaper price though; I only have 80GB left on my 768GB SSD, and to be honest the speed of the current SSDs is nothing to complain about. So the only real differences I see is the significant Gcard improvement and the extra hour of battery life. I personally don't see that worth the extra 500 pounds. (is that like $750? if so definitely not worth it) Maybe 200 pounds max I would consider it... But its your call
  5. schmibibi thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 24, 2013

Share This Page