Refurbished 2013 MBA or waitit out till 2014?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sharethepudding, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sharethepudding macrumors newbie

Hey!
    I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy mysel a refurbished 2013 MBA, or wait until the rumored cheaper 2014 model comes out? I was going to buy a chromebook, but since I got all this financial aid money I said why not treat myself to something, responsibly of course. The late 2012 model is also $200 cheaper on the Apple store but only hsas 64GB of storage. Sow what should i do whats the most financially sound choice?

Please and thank you!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I don't think you will see a 2014 until mid-2014, so it is a bit soon to try and gauge if the 2014 update will be worthwhile. If you need a machine now, I would just get it.

3. calvol macrumors 6502a

Wait for the rumored 12" Air with IGZO display if you can. If you need something in the meantime, just buy used off ebay or buy a 2012 refurb... I wouldn't sink any money into a 2013 now with the big changes coming....

4. sharethepudding thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess I'll go with the 2012 refurb since the only difference is that has well chip. Battery life isn't really a big issue since the only reason I'm buying a mba is for school, since it was the best cost benefit in the ultra book market.
    And I won't really use 120 gigs of storage cool thanks guys

5. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

It's usually about 6 months before they hit the refurb store.