Refurbished 24" imac questions...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iJoe85, Oct 20, 2008.

1. iJoe85 macrumors newbie

Recent Windows XP user making the switch. I plan on getting the refurbished 24" iMac for $1299. So far I've heard nothing but great things. I was just curious how does the warranty work for refurbished items and if i'm still able to get applecare for it later on by any chance? Also do you recommend any time of software? I have a list of what I'm importing over as far as files. I wanted to wait for the 'new' 24" imacs but am afraid the $1299 ones will soon be gone and be SOL, so honestly I figure I'd grab them while they're still here. Thx!!!

2. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I would wait, maybe it would go down even more. The Apple care is the same 1 year for the refurbished macs. I bought a refurbished macbook and ipod they all work like new.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just get it. Its very powerful and unless you want a displayport then go for it. Its cheap already so dont be too greedy. Look at wallstreet.

4. iJoe85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I think I will end up getting it this week since Christmas is coming up and waiting could mean a price drop for refurbished but could also mean they disappear faster than I could buy one. Again, this is not my first computer, so I don't mind. As long as it works, I'm set! Thx again! Anybody could input their own opinion I'd appreciate it!

5. G5power macrumors 6502

I wouldn't expect any price drops on refurb iMacs at this time.

The pattern seems to be that the refurb prices are adjusted when new models are released. It can be a real game trying to time your purchase.

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I think you should go ahead and buy it while the one you want is in the refurb section. One second it's there, the next it's gone!

7. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Warranty coverage on refurbs are no different than new ones, and you can add AppleCare any time within the first year. :)

8. iJoe85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx I posted that I just bought it and am very excited! Thx for your help, I'm replacing my 17" monitor xp system. :)

9. stevo2 macrumors newbie

Just go for it and you won't be sorry. I bought a 24" Refurb. three weeks ago from apple and love it, It makes my windows pc look sick in comparison.

You may want to add more memory from OWC or crucial, I added another 2gig for about $40 which gives me a total of 3gigs, didn't want to toss the 1 gig it came with.

I had to call apple support for a minor problem dealing with a Mail issue that I couldn't fix, they were great and they help me resolved that problem in a very friendly manner.:D

10. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

You'll definitely love the new system a whole lot better!

11. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

yes i would wait to, prices usually go down not up.. EXCEPT THE NEW STINKING MACBOOKS!:mad:

12. iJoe85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thx, but already placed the order. Like someone said, 'Don't be greedy.' Either way I saved $500 alone on the model so I'm happy regardless. Now my gram is saying I should sell my computer to my aunt. Maybe...maybe...:D