Refurbished 24" or Macbook Pro, im stuck!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TK B$K, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TK B$K macrumors 6502

Hey guys, im still trying to consider what to do!

I know the MBP's had there big update to day but i really didnt mean much for me.

And i know the iMac update is coming soon but its probaly not gonna be big, so i need help choosing!.

All i do is surf the web, make movies, photoshop, and gonna do some vista gaming so tell me which is better.

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    15.4-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    120GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory
    Built-in iSight Camera

price: $1,449.00

or

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Limited Time Special Price
    24-inch glossy widescreen display
    1GB memory
    320GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
    Built-in iSight Camera

thanks!

2. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Macbook pro + external monitor. Done. Benefits of portable world and home.

3. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I don't have a MacBook Pro so can't offer any advice at all, at all, at all on that - but I have heard it's a wonderful machine. :)

But, I do have a 24" iMac and it is spectacularly lovely. Seriously, I enjoy using this computer so much, it's just a pleasure. My main activities on it are writing (a vote for MS Office here), internet, photo and video editing, music, movies, etc, and it works like a dream for all of that. The 24" screen is magnificent, and it's so neat on my desk it's ridiculous.

I also have a MacBook, which I love, but no matter how great the MacBook Pro is I just can't imagine why anyone would choose a 'laptop' over a desktop if mobility isn't the major issue for them. Certainly if you can afford a whopper of an Apple display then the MacBook Pro would be great, but if not....well, here's a vote for the 24" iMac.

Best of luck.

4. TK B$K thread starter macrumors 6502

i think im leaning toward the imac too, i just dont know, i dont trvavel alot but some times i want something on my lap but other times i want a big ass desk powered imac

im still stuck :(

5. l.k macrumors newbie

I'm also considering buying iMac 24". Few days ago I played with it a little at shop and when turning back to check also MB and MBP it was quite terrible experience :D Their displays seemed to me much smaller, dimmer, everything was so tiny... :) So probably I'll wait a while for update and then go for iMac 24".

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

If you're at home most of the time get the iMac. You'll love it.