Refurbished 27" Thunderbolt Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MisterMott, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MisterMott macrumors member

Has anyone here had any experiences with a refurbished display from Apple? I'm specifically looking at the 27" Thunderbolt display. I just want to know if everything was good, if the display and/or ports all worked fine, etc.

I've just purchased the late 2013 rMBP to replace my aging 2007 iMac, and was planning on accompanying it with with this display so that it can still be used as a solid desktop machine when I'm in my home office, but it seems silly to shell out full price for a new display if it may be updated a year or so down the road.

Any thoughts you all may have would be appreciated.

-MM.

2. cxc273 macrumors regular

It's exactly the same as the $999 one except that the box isn't the retail version.

I ordered mine as a refurb from Apple and have had no issues with it. It is indistinguishable from the full retail version.

3. jdaniel macrumors 65816

i am not in the US/Canada at the moment and I bought my first refurb and it basically looked brand new, no retail box as he mentioned, but there was a plastic wrap all around the screen and everything looked brand new, I cannot find an issue thus far, been using it a week or so, all the ports work. very happy with my purchase.

I would assume if ur in the US or back in Canada where consumer protections are more stringent you would have no issues and if you did they would pick it up at their expense and send you a new one.