Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today began offering refurbished models of the seventh-generation iPod nano in its online store, more than six months after the redesigned device was released. The addition comes roughly a week after Apple began offering refurbished fifth-generation iPod touch models.

ipod_nano_7_refurb.jpg

The refurbished seventh-generation iPod nano models come with 16 GB of storage and are priced at $129, a $20 discount from the standard price. All seven standard colors of the iPod nano are currently available, although the special (PRODUCT) RED version is unavailable in the refurbished store.

Apple's refurbished units come equipped with the same one-year warranty that standard products offer and have been thoroughly tested for reliability. The units also come with brand-new batteries and outer shells.

Article Link: Refurbished 7th Generation iPod Nano Now Available in Apple Online Store

Last edited:

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I still don't understand why this is news even on an Apple site. Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and Toys r us have been offering gift card deals or discounts on new versions since November. They are random but every other week one of the 4 has some type of sale.

Similar article about the joke of a discount on IPads yesterday is at least news pointing to new models coming soon

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I love this little guy.
The way songs mix together is a feature I wish full size iPods/iTouch and even iPhones offered.

So light. Tuck it away in your pocket and forget about it.
Sturdy too.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I love this little guy.
The way songs mix together is a feature I wish full size iPods/iTouch and even iPhones offered.

So light. Tuck it away in your pocket and forget about it.
Sturdy too.

Last time I tucked it away in my pocket and forgot about it, it went through a full cycle in the washing machine.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I'm guessing you're not a runner. :)

I just picked up a shuffle instead of this nano simply because of cost. Although the nano has 8x more storage, bluetooth, etc...for only 3x more money.

I just wished the nano was able to install apps or had a real GPS. Then one could visually see a map/route and made the the ultimate running device.

A typo of iPad.

Overall , I see all music only players dying because most people will have their music on their phones (or some prefer the cloud)

With cheaper phones coming and more GB memory only a matter of time.

calisurfboy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
I prefer the iPod Nano from several generations ago that have the click wheel. When I am driving or jogging, I like to be able to just reach over and feel the forward, back, etc. buttons. When you have a touch screen you have to physically look at it which is a distractor. Sometimes, if my fingertips are sweaty/grimy, they do not work on the screen as well.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I still like nano's for when I am working outside, painting, remodeling etc. This way, if anything happens to it, my phone is still safe.

Last edited:

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I'm guessing you're not a runner. :)

...... just wished the nano was able to install apps or had a real GPS. Then one could visually see a map/route and made the the ultimate running device.

So, you just want a very small iPhone.

Yes, wish I could still run. Two bad knees and age creeping in too fast.

SgtPepper12

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2011
Germany
I prefer the iPod Nano from several generations ago that have the click wheel. When I am driving or jogging, I like to be able to just reach over and feel the forward, back, etc. buttons. When you have a touch screen you have to physically look at it which is a distractor. Sometimes, if my fingertips are sweaty/grimy, they do not work on the screen as well.
I agree. Bringing the touch screen to the iPods was a pretty bad design decision. At the time touch screens were 'the thing' in consumer electronics, so Apple was not allowed to revise the iPods without featuring a touch screen, apparently.
Touch screens compromise usability with flexibility. You get an interface that is completely customizable and lose haptic, simple buttons. And I'm not sure how this is something you'd want with an iPod. An iPod has one job: Playing music. Let's face it, nobody watches a video on these things or browse through photos or anything like that. It should be about music. The touch screen is a bad choice for a device like that.

VNM

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009

The volume up/down rocker does double as pause/next song/last song, but it isn't quite the same as the old wheel.

AppleMark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
The CCTV Capital of the World
Wow! $20 (£13) off of an iPod..... which did not meet original standards for sale the first time around... :rolleyes:

With that huge saving "maybe I'll go to the movies.......by myself.." - Ezra from Trading Places

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
I just wish those things would have more storage. I was about to replace my old blue 16 Gig 4th gen iPod cause i need something in my car and 16 Gig is just not enough anymore, but they still put only 16 Gig in there. Why?? :confused:

MadOx75

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
It's not a useless device. Some of us just want a dedicated MP3 player. My only complaint is the size. I currently have a 160GB iPod Classic that is on its last legs, and I'd love to replace it with something nice and touch-screeny, but 10% of the storage capacity of my Classic isn't going to cut it, and I have no need to pay extra for the ability to use apps and have a camera and the like... Flash memory is cheap and common these days, Apple. Give us more spacious options on iPod Nanos!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.