Refurbished Airport Extreme (6th Generation, June 2013)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by userjohn, Jan 11, 2015.

1. userjohn macrumors member

I'm interested in buying the refurbished version (FE918LL/A) of the most recent Airport Extreme (ME918LL/A).

Is there any reason to expect any worse performance or reliability as compared to the new model?

Can anyone comment about their experiences with this refurbished model?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The refurbished models are fantastic and are unable to be differentiated from new. They carry the same warranty as well. In all honesty, the only difference is a different box and a lighter price tag.

3. davidoloan Suspended

The boxes are nicer. Just white - no graphics.

4. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I grabbed a refurbished Airport Extreme and Airport Express. Both work flawlessly.

The Extreme is hands-down the best router I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot!). I wouldn't hesitate.

5. userjohn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies above. I bought the refurbished model and it seems to be working great so far.

I'd already bought an earlier generation refurbished Airport Extreme years ago, but hadn't previously tried the refurbished model of this latest generation.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Apple refurbished is by far the best refurbishment of any product I have ever seen, not just electronics! I have never had an issue with any Apple refurb product. You got a great deal.